Stainless Steel Hilti Kwik Bolt 3
The 3/8″ x 3″ Stainless Steel Hilti Kwik Bolt 3 is our “go-to” wedge bolt.
Yes, the Hilti KB3 is more expensive than the Powers Power-Stud, but in our opinion, it’s a superior product. The main difference is the clip: it has a much greater surface area than the Powers, and the bolt “bites” much faster and more reliably, tightening up with just a few turns so that the stud does not draw out from the rock as can sometimes happen with the Powers. Plus, it’s stronger.
Specifications for the Stainless Steel Hilti Kwik Bolt 3:
- Size: 3/8″ x 3
- Grade 304 Stainless Steel
- Rounded stud end for easy installation (bolt will stay in the hole before you hammer it)
- Dog point impact section to prevent thread damage during installation
- Max torque is 20 ft-lbs, according to the manufacturer’s instructions for use
- See the manufacturer’s technical sheets for further information (such as load capacities)
- Best suited for hard, high-quality stone.
Always use threadlocker, like the Loctite Blue Wax Stick, with this, and any stud type bolt for climbing applications to prevent the nut from loosening due to the environment and usage.
1-9 bolts: $3.45 per bolt
10-49 bolts: $3.35 per bolt
50+ bolts: $3.15 per bolt